Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had completed my dana 50 to 60 on my OBS F250 two weeks ago. I am having some problems, and I need some help with trying to fix them. I did not know but the 60 is a wider track then the 50, and so my front tire sit out wider then my rear. I am think about adding wheel spacers for the rear to make everything mach to look right. The main problem is that the front passenger tire is sitting out wider then on the driver side, by the computer at the alighment shop. I know tha when I did the install that I made sure everything looked right and straight. I even put level on the leaf springs to ensure that they were flush with the dana 60. I am thinking that my track bar has alot to do with the push to one side. i say this because I had to drop the right side of the truck wheels off to the ground, and lift the left side to a high point to put the track bar in to get the bolt whole to line up. My thoughts are that i am going to need a different track bar. Just ensure that all of the information is correct. My front leaf springs have a 2 inch add a leaf to them. I had them on the truck before the install of the 60. I am thinking that the added lift height has taken the track out of the normal rage. If anyone has any knowledge with this please help.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Any lift to a truck with a track bar will require a adjustable track bar. Either buy one or make one. You must always install a track bar after the truck is on the ground and you have driven it back 20' then forward to center the Axel. Check this by measuring from the tire to the frame.

Cary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts