Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my driver seat belt locking up at all speeds even when cruisin on interstate. it will lock up and i cant even get to the radio . I gues it will go sit in ford for a couple of days for this stupid problem , any one else having this problem just curious.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
CLOSE, MINE DOES IT WHEN I DRIVE ON MY BUMPY ROAD AND I AM TRYING TO GET SOMETHING WHILE DRIVING...........crap, sorry about the caps...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Man I tell you this is the most sensitive seatbelt I have ever seen...mine lock up ALL the time...pisses me off sometimes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine does the same thing, kinda annoying. My luck it won't catch when I need it too.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I think there was a recall on some of these seatbelts...i could be mistaken but seems like i remember something like that. Might call the dealer and ask.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You're not alone! Mine is super sensitive also. If I take a brick road, I am assured of two things. First one is that my seatbelt locks up and the second is that the truck will rattle so much I can't even hear myself think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
both of my front belts lockup with almost no force. i cant tell you how many times my passenger gets a jolt when they try to lean forward! ahaha, kinda funny when its not you!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
its not something ford can fix. its just a very sensetive interia switch in the seat belt mechanism

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if ford cant fix it then this sucks because im to the piont where i dont want to even wear it anymore, sometimes it locks me up to where i cant budge.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I think its BS and un safe.......I cannot lean up to look in my mirrors real good sometimes to make sure I am not about to monster truck a prius

·
Registered
208 Posts
Man I tell you this is the most sensitive seatbelt I have ever seen...mine lock up ALL the time...pisses me off sometimes.
Same here and Ford told me it is what it is..... :dunno:.

Not to worry, I found a cheap a fix for it..... A $.10 binder clip at the top of the belt near the shoulder loop. It gives me enough room to move around and do what I want but still keep my butt in place if needed.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
:hehe: great mod Gerry

Pisses me off also to be locked in even though I have radio and air controls on steering wheel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts