Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread in question is for the hole on the end of the head. It is where the 'banjo' bolt and line goes into the head. I was wondering what thread size it is so I can buy a tap and run it down the hole.

Can anyone tell me exactly what this hole is for? My understanding is that it is a return line for excess fuel from the injectors. About how much pressure do I have to worry about sealing?? I might put a heli-coil in it if it is not alot of pressure. I already have it to where I can work on it, so I might as well try and do a more solid fix if I can.

1,023 Posts
The thread in question is for the hole on the end of the head. It is where the 'banjo' bolt and line goes into the head. I was wondering what thread size it is so I can buy a tap and run it down the hole.

Can anyone tell me exactly what this hole is for? My understanding is that it is a return line for excess fuel from the injectors. About how much pressure do I have to worry about sealing?? I might put a heli-coil in it if it is not alot of pressure. I already have it to where I can work on it, so I might as well try and do a more solid fix if I can.
I will get back to you tomorrow. I carry spare 6.4 banjo bolts from cyl heads, short blocks etc. I have a tap and die set and if i dont have the tap i will find out exactly what size you will need.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
M12 x 1.5

the pressure on the return side is not too great, can't remember off hand but it shouldn't be too much more than base fuel pressure. the test port on top of the fuel cooler will tell you for sure though

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
base fuel pressure is very low, normal fuel pressure is between 7-10 psi. Seeing as fuel pressure is regulated by the pressure regulator in the secondary fuel filter housing I can't see return fuel pressure from the head being much higher then this so you should be fine. Really if you can get it to snug down a can't see why the rubber sealing o-rings wouldn't seal up. Now if you had copper sealing washers there a little harder to get to seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts