Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2006 f350 lairat with a 104000 the car fax showed normaly maint. and a ict replacement. I call the shop that did the work they dynoed the truck and told me all was good with the truck that was 1000 miles ago. My question how long do i gott before i might have egr or any other problems anyone ever leave there's stock very long.
I plan on upgrading with a egr delete/oil cooler/SCT monitor/programmer and exhaut and have fought a qualified shop to do thework. Im just saving up the funds:dunno:
And christmas around the corner so it will take a few month to get it all done. Should i be good with regular maint till then. Oh ya and a coolant filter.
I need you're advice thanks.:please:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No how is this done?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Well first you need to get yourself a monitor like the Edge CS or CTS. Plug it on on the test drive and get it warmed up at 65 mph and then check the difference between the EOT and ECT (Engine oil temp and engine coolant temp) and come back and tell us the difference and we can tell you more precisely the health of your oil cooler and your engine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You'll need gauges or a monitor. Edge cts works really good. You will monitor your engine oil coolant and your engine oil temps. They should be within 15* of each other. That's on the high side. Anything over 15* and you probably have a bad oil cooler.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks will do

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The irony is if u flush , ur cooler might get even more clogged. I've read somewhere of "reverse" flushing which helped with that issue. $2000 permanatly solves ur problem with a remote oil cooler. If I bought another 6.0 , and if temps were ok, I'd probably just drain the radiator, install a coolant filter to filter out all the sand and gunk and dare say add fresh "gold" until I'm ready for the total process..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts