Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a pretty much stock 95 F-350 PSD Dually (300k). Its stock except for a superchips 1705 tuner and exhaust. Well he's had the Superchips on Level 1 (tow safe) for forever cause he is always pulling tractors, hay, etc.

Anyway he went to tennessee last week to pick up a square bailer he bought. He said his truck ran like crap part of the way, and ran fine the next. He said at some points he could see black smoke rolling from the driver's side mirror. Thats alot, considering he was pulling a huge gooseneck trailer behind it.

I also witnessed it when i ran a fire call with him the other day. The truck ran like a top on the way there, but on the trip back he was like "hey look out your mirror and check this out", lol so i looked and we were in overdrive at the time and he started pulling on it, and there was some good smoke coming out the pipe.

I told him i wish my truck would blow that much, but we know something has to be wrong.

HELP

the smoke is a dark black, not like the color an OBS blows when r trying to get it smoke normally, cause its kinda grayish

·
Registered
214 Posts
injectors good or they still stock? i would check that.

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're stock and were had new o-rings at 168k miles. we have an o-ring kit here, but i think they need rebuilt completely with 300k on them

·
Registered
659 Posts
did you notice a power loss also

·
Registered
214 Posts
i know that when mine pored smoke it lost a lot of power and i had 5 injectors out. built ford tough running and pulling with 5 injectors out

·
Registered
659 Posts
usually when you are pouring out black smoke all of the sudden you lost a turbo but that is only if you also lost power.less air to burn the fuel you are putting in the motor as a result you get black smoke or partially burnt fuel.

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
temp was around 75*.....i dont know if its turbo related or not because it doesnt do it all the time

no funky noises just some mystery black smoke...lol i think its awesome but u kno something's wrong

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
ICP.............

any check engine light?

·
Registered
507 Posts
when was the last fuel filter change?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts