Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a no start condition. truck is at dealership and the tech thinks it is out of sync. said he may have to pull the motor. what is this, and does the engine have to be pulled? the engine had another dealership do head gaskets on it 5 months ago. dad said truck was running fine, hit brakes real hard to keep from hitting a car that pulled out, truck stalled and would not crank.:dunno:

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump:anyone?

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where is it? is that the fuel cut off switch in the front passenger kick panel?

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we pressed it. it does not stay in. is it supposed to? tech says the cam and crank timing is out of sync. i am no tech, but sounds fishy to me.

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok. thanks. i will hear from the tech tomorrow. maybe it is something simple. we kept pushing the switch down. i will try pulling it up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Good call, Jon. The one on my T-bird use to trip all the time, but I wasn't aware that they had them on the diesels.

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and you pull it up, or push it down? we push down and it moves a half inch down, then springs up when it is released.

G

·
Try it

and you pull it up, or push it down? we push down and it moves a half inch down, then springs up when it is released.
Take like a pocket screw driver or something and see if you can get it to lift up and click. I might be wrong but its been so long since I messed with it.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Take like a pocket screw driver or something and see if you can get it to lift up and click. I might be wrong but its been so long since I messed with it.
I think that's how mine was on my T-bird...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts