Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on what differences there are between a D66 turbo and going with Irates mount and running like a BW S366. Im kinda throwin it around as im goinng to have the body right off my truck. I seen it in Diesel Power and i really like the set up. I like that your not limited on turbos then, just seeing if anybody was runnin the set up. Also what general price range would a D66 go for with about 500 miles on it lol

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
S366 is capable of way more power do to the bigger turbine wheel and you also have a lot more room to expand

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
What are your plans for the truck. If u ever plan on anything bigger then stage 2s, go irate..... if thats all the bigger u plan to go, d66.... or irate, with all that said, u cant go wrong with his kit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im kinda leaning towards the Irate kit i really wish i would have gone bigger right from the start (thats never happened before) :doh: I want to go up to at least 238s or 250s but just for the fact of more options with it down the road. I just want the truck to be kind of a fun truck really, i dont tow up any mountains or travel across the country with it (yet). Really its gonna depend on if my stuff would sell for a decent price considering it all has 500 miles on it like i said before. Im also lookin at the 471sx on irates site i read one thing that a guy had the 471 with 250s and loved it pretty much across the board for an all around truck

·
Hate stupid people
8,601 Posts
Call Jake @ Irate. and be done with it. I did on my E99 years ago and i should have done it from the start. So much more room to grow

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Can you go irates kit and still be reliable enough to tow cross country

·
Hate stupid people
8,601 Posts
ofcourse. his kit is so versitile and comes with everything you need to be efficient. when i put his kit on my truck and 66mm, it droped my egt's almost 100* because it allowed more air. really made the truck more enjoyable to fun. check out his site and give him a call. he's great to work with

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Im kinda leaning towards the Irate kit i really wish i would have gone bigger right from the start (thats never happened before) :doh: I want to go up to at least 238s or 250s but just for the fact of more options with it down the road. I just want the truck to be kind of a fun truck really, i dont tow up any mountains or travel across the country with it (yet). Really its gonna depend on if my stuff would sell for a decent price considering it all has 500 miles on it like i said before. Im also lookin at the 471sx on irates site i read one thing that a guy had the 471 with 250s and loved it pretty much across the board for an all around truck
I'd love to get your 2's and d66, if the price was pretty good.

·
Hate stupid people
8,601 Posts
i'm runnin 160/80s currently with my S366 from Jake. building another motor to drop in a set of 250/80's and gate my charger, will be plenty for 550 hp and still work with it.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Just some info to help u decide on a charger.... an S4 series turbo is a little tuff to fit in an obs... takes some persuading, S3s fit in a little easier

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just some info to help u decide on a charger.... an S4 series turbo is a little tuff to fit in an obs... takes some persuading, S3s fit in a little easier
Hmmmm.. Thanks for the tip ill have to check into that

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
But dont shy away... they do fit, just keep that inmind when a moded s366 may flow the same as a non moded s468? I will look into it and let u know as im curous myself

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
S468 has a bilete wheel and race cover flows way more then a s366 and has a bigger turbine wheels. On 250/80s I would run a s468,s471,or s475 with a tighter turbine housing. And getting a down pipe on a s400 frame is fun lol. Lots of massaging

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive never really looked into a modded H2e yet i know one guy that runs one in my area with big sticks i just figured with the irate kit and say a S471sx on his site it would be cheaper than a modded H2e...

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Yea i looked into it, a 467 with a cast wheel still flows way more then a billet s366. I belive a modded h2e flows equivalent to a s366.

Another one to look into is the s467, a little smaller 5hen the 71 your looking at but with a billet wheel and a race cover, it lights fast and flows big. Just some stuff i ran across while looking for cfm ratings

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok i have another question thats probably stupid but whats the "race cover" ??? Im gonna chek into that S476 to

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Stay away from the h2e it's old school setup Stay with s467 or s466 s471

1 - 20 of 29 Posts