Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so i ordered my d66 and pedestal and i called beans and asked him whats the largest injector he recommended and he said 238cc/100% he would feel comfortable at and still reliable but why not 200% nozzles? ive read that people regret going with 100% and they say tuning can dumb it down if needed, so what would the reason for 100% nozzle be then? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
So the guys who build the turbo gave you the answer for their turbo, but you want another opinion from not the ones who built that turbo?

Here goes....
It has to do with fueling and over boosting is why the suggestion was made, obviously you could go bigger, but then you should consider a bigger turbo as well

·
Registered
687 Posts
Let me stand in the middle of this one....

I've read that a person should buy as big of an injector as you will ever need and tune it down to the equipment you have at the time.

Turbo builders are going to spec an injector that is optimum for the turbo being discussed, without hurting the turbo.

If you are an idiot, and choose to buy a super soaker injector, choose to not get the proper tunes...then you will be the person whining about their toasted turbo.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
d66 is good for 450-500hp. will live longer at 450 for sure

238/200's are capable of 550+ hp.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I would not even go that large with a D66. You will have some serious smoke and EGT issues. They take forever to spool.

Read some of the threads on the D66 and you will see what I mean. Many guys have regretted their decision to get one, especially when running larger than stock injectors.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I would pair the 66 with a set of 250/100s but really it all comes down to what you want to do with the truck.

The larger nozzle you go with, the less your tuner will be able to turn it down to reduce excessive EGT, soot, etc.

I am a believer in "small" nozzles for that reason alone. With small nozzles you can still build good power but you can still use your truck for something outside of drag racing.

Just my two cents

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I am running a D66 with full force 160/30 with an intercooler runs awesome!

Reactions: Frostbite
1 - 7 of 7 Posts