Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I happened to run a code scan on my truck and pulled one code it was #5 cylinder contribution. I have no cel and the truck seems to run great and starts with no problem. I hauled 6000# couple days ago without any issue. Is this an injector on its way out or what?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Could be injector, or ficm......you need a monitor like edge insight.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the banks with pda used only for monitoring and sct for tuning. Will the edge tell me much more?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
How many miles on your oil? I ONCE tried going extended intervals on oil changes and at a little over 10,000 miles on the oil, even with samples coming back good I got that code so I changed the oil and added some RevX and have never got the code since. That was about a year ago. Not sure if that's what caused it or not. Just a thought..

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You will only notice a difference with rev-x, for rough start and idle when cold. You really need to monitor battery voltage and ficm. Could also be logic side of ficm board, or maybe injector oil/fuel orings going bad.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks im abt to do 2hr trip ill keep an eye on my volts. Whats the difference in a code with the cel on and a code with no light?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Ahh, idk, some sr master tech here could tell ya. Maybe limp mode with light on, or limp mode at one time.

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,066 Posts
im still dealing with cylinder contribution/unbalance codes. usually its only in the morning when its warming up and is always #5, but sometimes ill get the crank position code, and some ill get the unbalance for other clinders 4 and 8.

could this be the tards who installed my injectors are just dumb and that pin is loose or is my ficm to blame? its at 47-48

1 - 12 of 12 Posts