Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got my scan guage in from Terminator and I opted for the one that can do Cylinder contribution and buzz tests, anyways, could anyone with AE tell me what code comes up after the test are ran if everything is OK? Also what are all the possibilities as far as what can be diagnosed with these types of tests besides injector related things? Im doing the tests with my Aeroforce Scan Guage from Terminator. Thanks:thumb:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If the test OK. it just says test complete.

The test is to test the injectors and/or the injector harness(s).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my truck I have the AIH removed and when I do the CC test that code pops up for that (P0541). Does the AIH need to be working in order to do the CC test and buzz test? when I do the Buzz test all of the injectors buzz and then it says it cant complete the test. I thought I read somewhere that the whole system needs to be functioning in order to do these tests but I cant remember????
thanks

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, tried it two times, both times it didnt work after clearing the codes. im using my new scan guage from aeroforce to run the tests if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
One last question, that I should have asked...

Did you clear the codes form memory when the truck was running or off?

I don't know how your scanner works, but some functionality tests (key on engine on) will hang with codes present (fix first/fix second). Clear the codes with the engine on.

KOEO (key on engine off) tests like the buzz tests rarely hang with codes present unless it's part of a full system test.

To add another monkey wrench, If the scanner is expecting a result and doesn't within 60 seconds, it will default to fail.

Clear as mud?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cleared them with the truck running. Thinkin im gonna have to talk to the guy i bought it from

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no problem bud, i'll get it figured out...maybe

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11