Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 f250 with 40,000 miles. It started last week where it would have a hard time starting and when you would first take off it would really rough for about 1/4 mile then run fine. It was time to change the oil anyways so I brought it in and had them replace the oil with synthetic and also do the fuel filters at the same time. They said the lower filter was pretty dirty. After having changed the oil and the fuel filters the truck has ran great, great throttle response, doesn't take long to start at all anymore, but the check engine light is still coming on with the code Cylinder 3 Injector Circuit low, any body know what this could be, from what I read it looks like I might need a new FICM is that true?

·
Registered
15 Posts
it is probly the wire harness going in to the injectors under the valves dont know much about the sick liter engine but had it happen on my 7.3 cheap fix

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If it was the mechanical parts of the injector you would have CONTRIBUTION code...with it being the injector circuit its the electrical parts of the injector (the harness on top), the FICM harness itself, of the FICM itself. Your FICM voltage should be 48V. Re-seat the connectors to the FICM and make sure there's no dirt or anything on the pins. Might want to check for some chafing on the harness while you're under there.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
If it was the mechanical parts of the injector you would have CONTRIBUTION code...with it being the injector circuit its the electrical parts of the injector (the harness on top), the FICM harness itself, of the FICM itself. Your FICM voltage should be 48V. Re-seat the connectors to the FICM and make sure there's no dirt or anything on the pins. Might want to check for some chafing on the harness while you're under there.
I agree. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Here you go. Passenger side, third one back.

·
Registered
199 Posts
update: Change the oil a couple of days ago and using syntetic oil and today put some rev x and the 6.0 is running good drove it a couple of hundred miles with my horse trailer and a couple of horses that I was transporting for some people, it runs good not missing,bucking,shacking....all that money that I spend changing parts hummm will never use conventional oil again.!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts