Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install my new rims and need to cut out the center of the front caps to allow for my warn hubs.....any tips, tricks or suggestions.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
This sounds dangerous, but it was the first thing that came to mind. Jack it up real good, put it in gear and cut it out like a lathe? Oh and don't have it pointed at the house in case it falls off the jack! Jk...not sure what is the best way to do it safely. My idea is certainly no worse than the wood splitters I used to see that you bolted onto your hub? :dunno:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
are they plastic?......mine were plastic for my moto metal wheels and all i did was get my roto zip and a set of cutting and grinding bits, cut it out and grinded the edges ...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, plastic. roto zip will work. Just am looking for tips and tricks to make it look good and not look like a amature did it..LOL

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
dont know any tip or tricks i just jumped in trying diffrent ones till i made it happen

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I hear u....thats what I will do

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am thinking a hole saw would work on plastic pretty good??

·
Registered
182 Posts
use a hole saw in a drill, run it in reverse so it does'nt gouge the cap:thumb:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Just put the caps on with no holes if you can fit it. Looks cleaner anyway and just carry tools to get them off if you need to turn them.

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
Yes, plastic. roto zip will work. Just am looking for tips and tricks to make it look good and not look like a amature did it..LOL
Don't let an amature do it.:dunno: Sorry, that's all I could come up with.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was going to buy caps but they dont look as good as the ones it came with. So i want to cut the center out. I like the idea of the hole saw in reverse.............

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
cut a small hole to get a piece of pvc through then use a piece of PVC with a notch to engage them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts