Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get one of these? Something about a front impact crash will/could cause the fuel tank to dislodge.

The Titan is looking better and better to me. :bolt:

·
Registered
280 Posts
i havent got one yet but my dad did for his. i thought it said a fuel line was the possible problem. I do miss my larger fuel tank i had on my old dually.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yep, thats the Fuel Tank recall notice, there's a couple threads about it, see the following thread which contains pictures of what they are doing.

Apparently, the heat shield and existing strapping won't hold the tank from sliding forward on a frontend crash.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Anybody else get one of these? Something about a front impact crash will/could cause the fuel tank to dislodge.

ya, cause the titan hasnt had 10000 electrical problems, or rear ends that fail on stock trucks that dont tow...

yep, thats the Fuel Tank recall notice, there's a couple threads about it, see the following thread which contains pictures of what they are doing.

Apparently, the heat shield and existing strapping won't hold the tank from sliding forward on a frontend crash.
bingo, the recall takes a few hours todo and is only on cc sb
and ec lb

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
By the way, don't let a recall scare you, if that was the case, you would never own a vehicle as they all go through growing pains. Even the Titan has had numerous recalls regarding the brakes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Are you SERIOUS:crazy: A Titan:crazy: Thats like going from a Cadillac STS-V series to a Kia Rio...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts