Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a water meth kit and was wondering if I will need custom tuning. Looking for some cheap hp and lower my egt's. I have a 2002 7.3 edge juice with attitude, evolution, afe intake, monster exhaust. Any info would help thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that is what I needed to know.

·
Registered
290 Posts
getting rid of that edge and goin with dp tuner would be job 1 for getting better hp and lower egts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have noticed a moderate increase in power and little boost increase, I am not running this unit as it was intended. I run the pump with an on/off switch and two injectors (can't remember the size). I have only run it with washer fluid (approx 15% meth) and there is no decrease in EGT's that I can notice. My probe is post turbo, but still I would think you should see a decrease:dunno:

I have not tried straight water yet. Maybe the benifits of cooling are only seen by those running bigger injectors. My EGT's are too low to worry about now anyway.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I have noticed a moderate increase in power and little boost increase, I am not running this unit as it was intended. I run the pump with an on/off switch and two injectors (can't remember the size). I have only run it with washer fluid (approx 15% meth) and there is no decrease in EGT's that I can notice. My probe is post turbo, but still I would think you should see a decrease:dunno:

I have not tried straight water yet. Maybe the benifits of cooling are only seen by those running bigger injectors. My EGT's are too low to worry about now anyway.

All those mods... and a worthless pyro...:doh:

Put it pre turbo, you will see a differance. Even with 30% meth I get a 50 degree drop...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Dont run more then 40% meth and you will have not one issue with water/meth. The more water the lower the EGT's, the more meth, the less drop in EGT's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts