Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 6.4 and trying to find one for a decent price so for a while i have just been browsing this section and a similar one on the nation. Everyone always talks about custom tunes on there h&s, but i never seem to hear about them on their spartan so i was wondering if you can and who's got custom tunes for the spartan?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would think with all the spartan users on this forum this would be answered in seconds! Bump

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would think with all the spartan users on this forum this would be answered in seconds! Bump
I had spartan on my 6.4 for awhile and ditched it for H&S, but since then it seems they have improved their tuning. I think they are letting a couple tuners write custom tunes for the dashdaq, but I'm not positive.

08stroker250 will be able to answer any questions you have regarding spartan tuning.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
There are currently no companies writing custom tuning for the Spartan Phalanx. It is in the works though. River City Diesel will be the first. We are hoping they'll be ready to go by the end of October.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are currently no companies writing custom tuning for the Spartan Phalanx. It is in the works though. River City Diesel will be the first. We are hoping they'll be ready to go by the end of October.
Cool, thanks for getting back to me. Has there been any special reason custom tuning hasn't been available before?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Cool, thanks for getting back to me. Has there been any special reason custom tuning hasn't been available before?
It has been available in the past. Things didn't work out though, so we closed it off to only our tuning. Now we are working with River City Diesel to get things going again. Hopefully in the future there will be more companies creating custom tunes for it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Makes sense to me, can't wait to see the tunes from RCD and how people like em.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
RCD tunes are not cheep. I was looking at them when I had a spartan to fix some of the issues I had with spartan's tuning but after I added up what I wanted it was cheeper to go to a different tuning company. I went with H&S and been real happy with them and KEM tuning. And now that H&S have MCC software you can custom tune your own tunes. Another company to look at is Eric at Innovative Diesel or Matt at GearHead, they got some great custom tunes out! The 6.4 tuning game has some great players in it now.

I don't know why spartan does not do custom tuning, they have a great unit in the dash daq just need the tuning to go along with it. You would think it would be easier to do that then get another company to do custom tunes on there device:beer:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RCD tunes are not cheep. I was looking at them when I had a spartan to fix some of the issues I had with spartan's tuning but after I added up what I wanted it was cheeper to go to a different tuning company. I went with H&S and been real happy with them and KEM tuning. And now that H&S have MCC software you can custom tune your own tunes. Another company to look at is Eric at Innovative Diesel or Matt at GearHead, they got some great custom tunes out! The 6.4 tuning game has some great players in it now.

I don't know why spartan does not do custom tuning, they have a great unit in the dash daq just need the tuning to go along with it. You would think it would be easier to do that then get another company to do custom tunes on there device:beer:
I did notice how pricey there tunes are, ill prob stick with spartan until h&s releases there updated black max and make the switch then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have KEM tunes on my dashdaq, but I didnt do the update from spartan so I only have up to the 250 spartan tunes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts