Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess im missing something.. I have a sct with canned and custom spd tune and i remember having settings to change the rpm limit, tran line psi and so on. Im running spd tune now and I wanted to check some of these settings and maybe change my trans line psi but I cant find the settings option for this now.
Can you adjust these settings while using a custom tune or do they only work with the canned tunes. When I tried to load the canned tunes on there the settings option showed up but they dont seem to be there with my custom tune... Im sure Im just missing something here..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I believe the tune takes care of it. the only thing i had for adjustment was the revs per mile for tire size.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok,
Thats all I can change also.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There is a way to change setting. What SCT do you have? I'm still using an old X-cal 2 (Yeah I know, I've been a 6.0 driver since 05) I'm limited to what I can change. But I don't touch any of the settings through the device. X-cal 3's have more options to configure. Livewire even more. I think your tune writer can allow you the option to configure through your device. At least thats what one of my tuners told me he added something that will allow me to, never tried it though.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Chris turns off all the options in his tunes, you dont need to change anything, if it bothers you, just ask him to open them for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Greg said,

i turn the options off unless asked otherwise. i can enable the shift pressures and tire and gear stuff if youd like.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks.. I talked to him today about it. Hes also tweaking my tune, I cant wait to try it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts