Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted up about a month ago, asking if anyone was able to machine a custom CCV intake plug. I didn't like the idea of something cheap and possibility of failure to destroy my expensive turbo. I didnt mind putting out for a custom plug to be machined because of the peace of mind.

One of our fellow members, Alan (aka lubbock guy) offered up his services. Alan machined a perfect aluminum plug that was just slightly oversized and with a lip to help prevent induction of the plug.

Alan asked me to take some photos and post them up for the other members here.

The install went flawless, no problems with the plug or the fitment. Took little over 20/30 minutes.

If anyone is interested or wants to update their set up. Alan is your guy and I highly recommend him and his plug. He is great to work with and quality of the part is perfect.

Here are some photos of the install for everyone enjoyment.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Subscribed all ears , I need to get this done.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Nice, I could use one of those.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey guys, i machined this plug for Jason. I machined a identical plug and have had it on my truck for over 5,000miles without any problems. the plug is machined from 6061 aluminum. PM me if yall want one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks great!

To the OP, what did you do for the rest of the re-route? Just run a hose to the back of the truck?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally had a kit on there. Kept the filter set up and just plumbed the output to the back of the truck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have used a piece of 3/4" heater hose, the hose had a formed 90 degree bend in it. connect hose to original fitting that went into the air intake with hose clamp.hose is about 4feet long, points down, stops by the firewall, few zip ties to secure.

Looks great!

To the OP, what did you do for the rest of the re-route? Just run a hose to the back of the truck?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like it! will put this on the list! lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Alan,

Do you have pictures of your CCV reroute?

Brandon

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I like this too. Lol here's mine. Not the prettiest thing but it gets the job done.

All I did was go to the hardware store and picked up a 1" threaded natural gas line cap 1-hose clamp, 1- 3 foot section of clear rubber hose, and a pack of jb qwik weld. Total cost was less than $10 for all of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Bryan. It looks pretty easy. Easier than my turbo cleaning at least.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alan,

Do you have pictures of your CCV reroute?

Brandon

If i get a chance, ill post up how mine is rerouted.

But in laymans terms, I have a tube from the head port down to the "filter kit" and the the supposed return just dumps about mid way under the body (for now, need a longer hose, but i have no oil coming so i may not)

Side not. Having this plug save some time not having to remove the system when tearing into the engine. Makes life that much easier, one less thing to worry about. (especially when doing injectors... :doh:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Alan for the great part. The machining is clean and it works good.

Brandon

·
Registered
146 Posts
I received mine a couple of days ago and hope to install it this weekend. It looks great!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Got mine too really slick. Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just got mine! Thanks Alan just finished the install, love it!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts