Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a curt flip over plate and the c 52 kit to mount it to the frame any advice when mounting a gooseneck hitch on an ol 96 f350?

·
Registered
177 Posts
hey work at a truck equipment shop and ive put a couple plate gooseneck hitches in. they are not bad the big thing is the hole you gotta cut. but other than that its pretty straight forward. ive always loved the BnW turn over hitches but they come at a pretty penny

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya getting the will power to cut the hole is the worst part it says 3 to 6 inches in front of the axle any reason why it let's me choose and not say where they recommend? Pros and cons of having it either way

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Since you have a UNIVERSAL mounting kit, you can put it 3-6" But Ideal is 2" in front of the axle

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok great thank you I'm gonna finish it tonight boy never been so nervous to put a hole in the middle of my box before

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Have your buddy do it. No emotional attachment. Just don't let him have too much fun with it. Don't forget to file and paint the hole to prevent new rust.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I put it at two inches not comepletely done yet but to cut out the box I have holes started so I know the outline I hafta cut wish me luck

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
:eek:hnoes: good luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I cut the hole hitch is straight 2 inches in front of axle boy was The one inch hole for the first bolt just about near The shock mount on the frame not completely done yet everything is about in there finger tight other **** came up hopfully she'll be finished very soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts