Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wondering what you all think about a cummins swap into my 96.
im a good mechanic but im not good with wires. i want to
swap a 12v into my truck but im not sure about doing it.
just wondering how much electrical work is involved and how much
work and time this may be to complete.
if you guys could all put in alittle info i would appreciate it:thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe that the 12 valve would be your easiest route from a wiring standpoint, check out destroked.com they have tons of parts and info on that kind of project

·
Rooster!!
216 Posts
this may also be my route later when my engine gets tired, taking into account they can do 700,000 and i only have 225,000, ive got some time to wait

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
12V would not be to bad with wiring. I think everyone wants to do this down the road. I plan to build a mean 7.3 instaed of taking the easy way out:hehe:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Just saw your sig. If you do the swap let me know a price on your stage 1 injectors. I would be very interested, just waiting awhile to do it so our timelines might line up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i could find a doner truck for abour 3-5 grand and thats not a big deal its just im not sure if i really have the time to do this or not and i just keep thuimbing the idea over and over in my head. i may just get a better tranny and then upgrade injectors and turbo and stuff and do what GM duraturd wants to do and build one bad *** 7.3 im just no sure what i want to do yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts