Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my dp tuner on my truck and went for a cruz and ran into a friend that has a 2005 cummins , exaust, and chip. been bugging me to race for like a month. Well we did and smoked him by prob. 2 legnths in 2wd. Pumped about the Kill, but two hours later got called into the old police dept. and they proceeded to write me a ticket for racing on the highway. $416 I guess it was worth it to see what the old girl had in her. I think I give him a rematch in a few months after my BTS tranny, Tn BB, and Fass Fuel. I don't think he is gonna like it much:woot:

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Sweet man, congrats!! sorry bout the ticket though, that sucks...

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
WOW, 416 bux. Man, thats steep. Congrats on the kill, but I am glad YOU like paying high tickets like that. My days of them are over. 2 Reckless careless in my mustang was enough! How did they know it was you? Thought you had to be pulled on the spot unless they got your picture on one of those cameras? I would fight it if there was a chance.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
That's what happens when you race on the street......

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Good job!:thumb: Sorry to hear about the ticket. If they didn't pull you over on the spot how did they cite you? Sounds to me like you should take this one before the judge

·
Registered
244 Posts
You didn't do it if you didn't get caught. Take it to court!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
They have to put you behind the wheel before they can prove you did it.... Good Luck..

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I read about the cameras they are using to catch you, and that there isn't much of a loophole you can use to get out of one. Supposedly the cameras can tell what your speed is. Also nearly 100 times out of 100 you are the one behind the wheel, and while they may not really be able to prove it the ticket will still go to the registered owner. You're responsible for your rig, and who drives it.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I read about the cameras they are using to catch you, and that there isn't much of a loophole you can use to get out of one. Supposedly the cameras can tell what your speed is. Also nearly 100 times out of 100 you are the one behind the wheel, and while they may not really be able to prove it the ticket will still go to the registered owner. You're responsible for your rig, and who drives it.
Well that blows......hope they never get the idea around here for those cameras

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Man that suxs! money coulda been spent other places but i am wondering did he get a ticket?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
haha no the cummins probably wasnt going fast enough

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Well that blows......hope they never get the idea around here for those cameras
They've got all kinds of ways to catch you these days. I guess that's where advancements in technology can hinder more than help. I mean I can see the argument that one would make in the man vs. machine debate.....some will say how can something that isn't really alive dictate what you did?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it sucks. Dont wont to pay the ticket but not a lot of choice. The driver of the cummins got a ticket to. There was one house on the road. Out of town and everyone races there. Apparently he got tired of it and is now doing home videos of everyone racing and turning them in. His camera has good zoom to cuz he got both our plates, and in a town of 3000 people not really any sense in trying to fight it. At least not trying to say it wasn't me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Now that has to suck. I've never had that one pulled on me. Usually if I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing I won't stay in the area very long. But on the topic of the cameras, I haven't had any problems with them but they're a pain in the rear end from what I've heard. My town doesn't have any in yet but a town close to hear has them installed in most of their lights and when a light turns yellow and I'm towing a trailer I have to beat the yellow because once its red its time to smile.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
That is no reason not to take it to court. That is your right. I have won tickets that i never thought i would a couple of times without even going. Now in Ca. they ask you to send in your description of the incident before assigning a court date and the last one i did, running a stop sign, i won. Surprised the crap outa me. Apparently the pictures i sent in proved the camera could not have seen my vehicle stop behind the bar like you are supposed to because of the trees. I didn't know that when i sent in my excuse and a couple of snaps butr tyhe clerk did and dismissed the charges. Just go to court!:thumb:

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
That is no reason not to take it to court.
I can't find anywhere in my post where I said not to take it to court. If that's what he chooses to do, then it's up to him but I think things like that say something about ones character. Whatever happened to accountability? These days when people get caught, the first thing on their minds is something like "damn that cop (for doing his job)" or "Well I'll just go to court and get out of it" there is nothing like "I did something stupid and I agree to pay the price for getting caught." Down in Bowling Green for TS I was in a PO'd mood over my g/f and decided to cut loose with my truck, getting sideways and blowing smoke everywhere at an intersection. Yep, foolishly I got caught doing something I shouldn't be doing on the open road, and I will pay my fine and remember to stay in check in the future.

·
Registered
277 Posts
99smokin,that is the most ridiculous comment i have ever heard,put your self in his hands,he got caught by an ahole of a neighbor,and now has to pay the government 400 dollars,i would definately fight this one bud,and burn that guys house down all in the same day,some people just have nothing better to do,its unbeleivable,heck let smokin pay it for you,what a joke.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts