Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Northwest Stroker
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to post this here but its for a buddy of mine. I def didn't want to join a dodge site for this. I was hoping that someone can post any ruleouts on a boost issue. He has a 93 dodge. His loss in boost happens in 4th gear when towing and 5th gear when not. His boost gauge flickers between 15-20lbs. He has replaced mostly everything "pre-turbo" including the turbo itself. I don't know the make of the new one but it now has a wastegate as the old one did not. He bypassed his intercooler and intake box, and reinstalled all his stock parts. Any list of things that he can try will be greatly appreciated.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
How about the gauge itself, or does he feel the reduced power?

NCH

·
Northwest Stroker
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the gauge itself, or does he feel the reduced power?

NCH
He does feel the reduced power. Driven around town is ok for him, but soon as he gets up to highway speeds and throws it into 5th he feels it. I believe the gauge is a new install also. He said he also installed something that can control the amount of fuel that goes to the injectors...i think if I'm saying that right

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Sounds like the pump is defueling... :dunno:

It's a 93 so its a rotary pump right? I don't have a lot of experience with them.

·
Northwest Stroker
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for the responses guys, I'll check on these with him and try to get more specifics. Hey I heard rumor that Dodge in a couple years is not going to go with Cummins anymore for their diesels, true? Didn't bother to google it

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Dodge Sucks

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
why?....... Have you driven a new one?
I was just saying that to get stroke this goin cuz he started a false ford sucks thread lol. I like dodges to (well the engines are nice). I cant say I care for the trucks. And yes I have a lot of experience with them. End of hijack

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
cool, i like the powerstroke, But i like the 03 up dodge trucks. The 2nd gen look cool but track bar and auto trans needed rebuild from day one. The newer dodge truck is fairly well made. It could just go both ways, I hate reading the dodge forums when they say ford sucks. Or vise versa. You can make fun of the older dodge trannys, but the fofge guys can say I dont have to remove the cab twice a year.
Personally,I have one of each.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts