Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the edge universal turbo timer today on my 05' F250. I followed all the directions and everything works good...... Just one issue. When I get out, and the timer mode goes on, the radio turns back on after thirty seconds or so. It'll stay on even once the truck turns off. Any help??

Sent from my DFP7005B using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
When I was looking to buy a turbo timer from edge and researching them I found that this is a common problem. The door has to open for the radio to turn off, I never did find the solution you may have to call edge for the solution. Post what you find out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:popcorn:Sub'd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called edge, they had me try a few things with no positive results. They pretty much said "it happens to some trucks with aftermarket stereos"....so I'm still trying to figure it out.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
my 7.3 did the same thing with the ISSPRO turbo saver. If you leave the radio on it will turn off initially then back on for approximately 15 minutes then off. I always just turn it off when shutting the truck down. I even shut the AC off before shutting down the truck, over anal i guess:dunno:

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I installed the edge universal turbo timer today on my 05' F250. I followed all the directions and everything works good...... Just one issue. When I get out, and the timer mode goes on, the radio turns back on after thirty seconds or so. It'll stay on even once the truck turns off. Any help??

Sent from my DFP7005B using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Once the truck finally turns off does the radio eventually turn off (15minutes later)? Im looking at getting this same timer for my 06 F550 and was looking for some info. How is the shut off temp programmed, threw the CTS screen?

Like i posted before my ol 02 7.3 with the ISSPRO timer worked like this:

Radio on, turn truck off and radio turnes off for a few seconds then back on for approximately 15 minutes. It thinks you are still in the truck and havent opened a door yet. If you sit in your truck and shut it off the radio will stay on for approximately 15 mins then it goes off. I just got in the habbit of shutting the radio off when i get outa the truck just so its not blasting away for 15 appx minuted after i leave it....

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 2005 does the same thing, stock stereo. Open door after you close it the first time. it will shut off.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
My 2005 does the same thing, stock stereo. Open door after you close it the first time. it will shut off.
Exactly, as long as you open the door after the radio comes back on after it had already turned off... Easier to just shut it down prior to gettin out IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
160 Posts
wtf that some bs really

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is a ford feature that the radio stays on for 15 minutes while you are still in the truck after the key is turned off. The radio goes off as soon as you open the door to leave the truck.

It Is bs that there is no shutoff for that feature, but ill put up with it if it adds life to my turbo:dunno:

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
im looking into a way to rewire the radio so it doesnt do this...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not really that big of a deal if you don't have a stereo system with amps and subs. I do however so I just turn it all the way down before I get out. Like most have stated it will turn off completely after about 15 minutes or so. Just gotta deal with it until edge figures something out.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts