Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one day my cruise jsut stoped workin ... just dosent come on any ideas?

·
Registered
636 Posts
i believe there is a recall on the cruise control on our trucks. says it will cause fire due to faulty wireing or something like that you can look it up on teh ford website. let me see if i can find it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i would really like 2 figure it out?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is it anything else it would affect

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Like strokermann said, there is a recall on this issue.

I would have a dealership look at it if you are that concerned.

Could just simply be the switch...only the dealership will know for sure....us guys here can only guess at the "possibilities"

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am sorry for butting in but I want to start a post and can't figure out how.could you tell me how. My 4x4 light starting blinking off then on and would stay on when pressing gas pedal when I'd let off light would go out, then blink. Now its just on I have an 01 the switch on the dash is in 2high is there a relay or something on the transfer case to check. I unlocked my hubs because they were going in even thow the switch was in 2 wheel drive position. Again I'm sorry for the interuption I'm just going out of my mind trying to figure it out

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am sorry for butting in but I want to start a post and can't figure out how.could you tell me how. My 4x4 light starting blinking off then on and would stay on when pressing gas pedal when I'd let off light would go out, then blink. Now its just on I have an 01 the switch on the dash is in 2high is there a relay or something on the transfer case to check. I unlocked my hubs because they were going in even thow the switch was in 2 wheel drive position. Again I'm sorry for the interuption I'm just going out of my mind trying to figure it out
go back to the page before this one (the one with the list on peoples posts) and at the top you will see a button that says "new thread". click that and type whatever you want.
good luck

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump any more help?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My cruise dosnt work either, AND my ABS light is on all the time.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my abs lights not on but no cruise

·
Registered
28 Posts
TINIRAU- I could be wrong,..but that really sounds like a rear ABS sensor issue.

Have your changed the gears, due to larger tires?
No change to the gears that I know of. As of right now, im running 295s but have 305s on order. 2000 Superduty. Should I be looking at a gear change? I bought it used so I dont even know whats in there right now.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump i need 2 get this fixed getttin ready 2 go on a trip

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a problem with my cruise and it turned out that the emergency brake petal was not returning all the way. There is a switch on the emergency brake to turn off cruise when you push it.

Pull up on the petal with your toe and try the cruise button. You may have to pull the release when you pull up, so don't try it in traffic. Ours failed early in a 1500 mile trip. When I finally figured it out, I tied up the petal with some dental floss my wife had in her purse and it worked fine till I could get home and fix it right.

Jeb

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine done the same thing as JebNY, there is a black rubber grommet on the e-brake. It pushes against a spring. If your ebrake light stays on all the time, i'll almost bet that rubber grommet is missing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts