Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 F250 7.3 power stroke. The cruise control works intermittent. It will work fine for 35 t0 50 miles then shut off. I start it back up and it may work 2 miles or 20 miles then turn off again. I also noticed a spike of 100 to 200 rpm's for a few seconds when driving 75. I replaced the brake switch but it did not help. After not driving it for a month, the transmission was slipping in drive and shifting hard. I had the transmission rebuilt and they also replaced the cam sensor and vss sensor. I just went on a 300 mile round trip. Cruise control is still intermittent, had a few spikes in rpm's and once on the way out and once on the way back it shifted into overdrive by itself. What can be causing this?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
All of those issues are related. The VSS on the rear diff is sending a signal to the PSOM and RABS module, without a clean signal the trans and cruise will have issues. Start with the easy one, disconnect the RABS module behind the glove box and see if the issues go away. After that, try a different PSOM then start digging into the wire from the VSS to the PSOM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.