Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 F250 6.0 with a 6" lift on 16x10 wheels and 35" tires, dual front shocks and steering stabilizers. I just had to replace my steering box at 60k miles and was told this was common because of the extra stress the drop down pitarm puts on the shaft of the steering box. It was obvious that the shaft was worn and had alot of play in it prior to replacement. I was wondering if a crossover steering kit would work with a 6" lift. Most of the kits I have seen claim they are for trucks with 8"-12" lifts. I am hoping to use the new crossover steering knuckle so I can use my stock pitarm which hopefully will relieve some of the stress on the steering box. Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
No. the angles will be off and you'll run into other problems. Get the correct pitman arm and get it done rite. Ive had my lift on now for 4yrs, and 80k miles and Im running 9.5 inches of lift and 38's I didnt do crossover and have no problems. If there was prior wear then that was the problem maybe incorrectly installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts