Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my second set of cupholders for my 99 lariat supercab and i think they're about to break also. Anyone else have problems with the cupholders?
Even when they're not broken they do a poor job of holding cups. I can't think of any way to make them work better

·
Registered
484 Posts
I dont have any problems with mine. i know they have 2 different styles of cup holders. i

·
Registered
484 Posts
mine is in the dash also. here is a pic of one like is in my truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh that design appears superior to mine. Ill try and find a pic of what mine looks ****. It has more moving parts and i think thats the root of the problem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

i have the left version. The two cup holders popup when the unit is pulled out. The springs wear out and they struggle popping up. I'm going to start searching to replace with your updated version. I also saw dual cupholders as an option for the center console. I'd rather keep the drinks on the console, further from my electronics

·
Registered
83 Posts
I switched to the dual console cupholders and never use the dash mounted one. I got mine from Ford for $38 I think.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I switched to the dual console cupholders and never use the dash mounted one. I got mine from Ford for $38 I think.
Any part# on this cup holder or the other pull out model?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will look to see if I can find the part number. If not, just tell the dealer you have a 2003 Excursion with captains chairs and you want the console cup holders. Thats what I did because my Excursion has it and I test fit it in the truck prior to going to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
i have no complaints about mine, which is the newer style

1 - 14 of 14 Posts