Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 F350,,,ran to the store, noticed a little hesitation, figured it was still cold. Came out cranked the truck over, nothing..Tried again sputtered, died. tried again sputtered, no start. Alternator? Batteries (no dim lights)? the dreaded FICM? :dunno: I hooked up my scanner to pull codes an there were none....any thoughts???

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Do you have a monitor, can you read icp, ipr, ficm? Your stc fitting may have took a crap too. Disconnect icp, see if it starts.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i looked at whats going on here,,, i disconnected the ICP and it fired right up. I believe this is me problem.Now, i seen some ICP's on ebay from $70 to $90 claiming to be oem or at the very least International brand...is it the ol "an ICP is a ICP" or do i bite the bullet and get a genuine Ford at the stealership?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If it is oem or international that is fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So,,, I got my new Icp sensor installed truck fired right up..I drove it around got it up to temp, shut it off, waited, and fired it right up. It started right away..Now i hope i fixed the issue but i'm a little gun shy...should i be? i dont want to get stranded again .....

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
So,,, I got my new Icp sensor installed truck fired right up..I drove it around got it up to temp, shut it off, waited, and fired it right up. It started right away..Now i hope i fixed the issue but i'm a little gun shy...should i be? i dont want to get stranded again .....
You should be fine, you will only have peace of mind if you monitor......http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259257

1 - 6 of 6 Posts