Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 F-250. 6.0 Dont really know the history before it was towed in a couple of months ago now i need to get it running.( regular driver no longer employeed )

Installed 2 new batteries cranks fine but no start.
Injectors rattle when key on
No reading on oil pressure guage while cranking
No RPM shows while cranking

Read codes. P0403, P0405, P0603, P0671, P2291, P2614, P2617

Cleared codes cranked for several seconds, read codes now only P1000

I just recived An AutoEnginuity with Ehanced Ford today havent used it yet.

I will start with the no start stickey tomorrow but just want to see if anything I should jump straight to and check

I only had a few minutes today to start diagnosis so I am probably jumping the gun and will need to come back with more info

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thats a ****tail of codes. Time to crank it again and see what codes pop back up...
Check your oil level and then your Injector Control Pressure. If you didn't know, It needs to be 500 psi to let the injectors start popping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be able to hook up the new AE tomorrow and get a better idea of whats going on.

Initaly read codes with a reader from autozone 250.00 one but found it wont give FICM or Pressures needed to be able to check on the powerstrokes took it back today

I did clear codes then crank several times no codes set except P1000

I'm thinking it may be electrical but its just a hunch now.

Ed

·
Registered
823 Posts
The p1000 is just there to say that the codes were reset and the engine did not run since the reset. The AE will show those readings for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your FICM, use a multi meter they have a couple of videos on youtube to show you how. My 6.0 was doing the same throwing codes for injectors and everything else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried to use my spiffy new AutoEnginuity Scan Tool today and see what things were doing, Turns out it was defective tried on 2 different Powerstrokes keeps saying it needs updated but its the latest version out, They are overnighting me a new one. Great Customer service just a slight delay.

I am waiting to get it to check the FICM Voltage rather than pull things apart to use a meter.

Ed

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
PO403 EGR control circuit;EGR actuator circuit check. Diagnostic circuit associated with 1 amp drriver internal to pcm. Sort to ground or short to power open circuit
PO404 EGRP +/- 0.10 error fromcommande to actual EGRP during normal driving conditions
Faulty sensor, valve or PCM integrity of circuit.

PO603 KAM error because battery was disconnected or pcm failure
PO671 Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit or bad module

P2291 ICP below value Try unplugging sensor and try to restart. If it starts and runs you have a bad icp. If it doesn't then you need to air test the HP oil system.
P2614 CMP intermittant signal

Set up A&E for live data observe batt volts, FICM paremeters; ICP actual and desired; FICM and PCM sync and crank and cam sensors while cranking. Do several attemps but no more than 20 sec. crank time at a time let it cool off 15 sec between cranks.
P2617 CKP intermittant signal Probably from the truck not starting and dieing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts