Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
So this all started with your truck shutting off and turning right back on correct? On the drivers side fender, under the air cleaner and everything, there's a large main lug style wire junction. Check that to make sure it's clean and not all corroded and nasty. I'm wondering if you're getting weird voltage issues to the computer while cranking causing strange behavior.

·
Premium Member
8,676 Posts
Ummm well,,, he reports good voltage while cranking (not sure why the OP has gone-away for this many days, hopefully he's got it fixed by now)

The other thing to be aware of is that he has an '01 and during the '01 run there were Major electrical changes (one of which was the addition of that fusible link connector that feeds the in-cab fuses you're talking about). But depending on his particular '01, he may / maynot even have one ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ummm well,,, he reports good voltage while cranking (not sure why the OP has gone-away for this many days, hopefully he's got it fixed by now)

The other thing to be aware of is that he has an '01 and during the '01 run there were Major electrical changes (one of which was the addition of that fusible link connector that feeds the in-cab fuses you're talking about). But depending on his particular '01, he may / maynot even have one ;)
Right, I considered that but I was worried about where he was reporting the voltage reading from, the app I assumed but we all know where that gets you. Also, I thought maybe going back to the very first symptom might lead us down a fruitful path.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Right, I considered that but I was worried about where he was reporting the voltage reading from, the app I assumed but we all know where that gets you. Also, I thought maybe going back to the very first symptom might lead us down a fruitful path.
I took it to a shop. I gave up on it. Family friend shop who actually knows what they're doing

41 - 45 of 45 Posts