Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is sitting in my college campus parking lot right now because apparently im getting no oil pressure and its not starting. I understand the needle's supposed to go up when cranking but i'm getting nothing. I've spent 2 hours checking everything in the engine that's both closely and faintly related to the problem twice, with advice from 6 other forums. It then occured to me that when I changed my oil last week I used a K&N filter for the first time, every time before that was a motorcraft filter. I also read that Motorcraft filters DO have a bypass valve and K&N filters DO NOT. Is oil somehow getting blocked off from the injectors because of no bypass valve on it or is it just coincidence? Does a bypass valve have any relation to no-starts?

2004 ford f250 6.0

·
Registered
50 Posts
what it is the motorcraft have a certain length that upush down on a little valve in the bottom of the housing that keeps oil in the housing. If you open the housing there should be oil in it. It sounds to me like an hpop problem, no oil pressure no injector fire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts