Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 f250 7.3 4x4 with a cracked injector cup in cylinder #1. I have seen removal tools for sale but dont want to fork out that kind of cash. does anyone know of loaner tools available or a cheaper way to remove the cracked injector cup? Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
I oredered mine of ebay with full kit to do all cylinders for like 400 bucks or little more I want to say. And that was with o ring kits for injectors to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To identify the cracked injector cup: I have been having a lot of problems with my truck lately, rough idle, etc... I took it into my friend at the ford dealership and he ran a cylinder contribution test (CCT) and determined that cylinder #1 failed the contribution test. Later, I noticed a film of diesel fuel (identified by dipping a paper towel in it and lighting it on fire) forming at the top of my coolant tank. This is often a symptom of a cracked injector cup, so i pulled injector #1 and pressurized the cooling system and saw coolant seeping though the wall of the injector cup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have 128K on my big green '03 Dually. Same symptoms. Decided not to diy and took to the local Powered by Diesel shop. Great job, also checked injectors, replaced 4 and put the "marginal" 3 on the driver side bank so they would be easier to access when the time comes. So had all cups replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts