Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my gray CPs is giving me some problems and was wondering if the International one is a different one than the Ford one. The International one is still supposed to be all black and not gray. I have been doing some research on it and from what I've read it is supposed to be different, just was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it. Also Napa carries the part as well, anyone know if that is a ford or international one? Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woo, hoo, found some black ones at napa. gonna buy a few

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Take your truck to a Ford dealer...they recently had a recall on the CPS

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, The gray ones they were replacing with are whats the problem. I guess they had a bad first batch or something

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I'm glad I never took mine into the dealer.

They wanted to keep it overnight for 24 hours....I told them it takes 10 minutes to swap out the part and asked if they would give me a loaner. They wouldn't, so I wouldn't let them touch my truck.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, pretty much sucks. Anyone know if the new batch of gray ones are any good? I just paid 30 bucks for the one from NAPA and I can get a Ford one for 15.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm not sure man, wish I could help ya

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
cps

I been asking about this cps.I have a blue one and ran it for a year.but they say it mess up the timing?I will not buy one from the stealer-ship. does bosch make one?how much timing does the blue one add or dont add?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I been asking about this cps.I have a blue one and ran it for a year.but they say it mess up the timing?I will not buy one from the stealer-ship. does bosch make one?how much timing does the blue one add or dont add?
Im not sure. ive read on one occasion its ads and on another it retards?? I have no idea. I have read that the black international one is the best one to run though. I called an international dealer up here and he said they only have the gray ones in now.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well got an old black one, well actually bought 2. Anyways what do ya know, it made my truck run a bit smoother, less ticking on cold startup, and now passing the CC test.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
cps

I,ve been waiting to find out about the blue one.sh.. cant wait,chip just got reburned and some bad .ss tunes on it.1.city driving2.up hill driving3. lope tune4.hot street5.exrace and ex,ex race ****,I just hope my motor holds up,It will!!!thats why I,ve been trying to find out about the timing on the blue cps,but ****,NO ONE KNOWS.and that black one from napa is a standard.and dont know where its made/china maybe?thats all I need to have a 600+hp powerstroke that just turns off at anytime while driving.SH>>,I,ll find a good one somewhere.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I have the "new and improved" gray one, and it has not given me any problems:dunno: Truck runs fine.

Maybe you did just get one from a bad batch or something:dunno::dunno:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I,ve been waiting to find out about the blue one.sh.. cant wait,chip just got reburned and some bad .ss tunes on it.1.city driving2.up hill driving3. lope tune4.hot street5.exrace and ex,ex race ****,I just hope my motor holds up,It will!!!thats why I,ve been trying to find out about the timing on the blue cps,but ****,NO ONE KNOWS.and that black one from napa is a standard.and dont know where its made/china maybe?thats all I need to have a 600+hp powerstroke that just turns off at anytime while driving.SH>>,I,ll find a good one somewhere.
600+hp?

Fill out your sig so we can see what you got...:drool:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
well got an old black one, well actually bought 2. Anyways what do ya know, it made my truck run a bit smoother, less ticking on cold startup, and [highlight]now passing the CC test.[/highlight]
Hey that's the best part right?
I'm sticking with my black ones. :thumb:

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
I've been running the blue CPS for over 2 years now with no problems :thumb:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

actually the NAPA ones are made in the US, or so it says on the box. And I call your bluff on the 600+ HP, you def need to fill out your signature as was mentioned above. I'll be sticking with the old black cps's for now until Ford pulls their head out of their a$$

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
600+hp?

Fill out your sig so we can see what you got...:drool:
this is what I have.97 obs.turbo custom made K-31 with a 73mm ,hypermax piping ,Hypermax 4in inercooler sage,3 heads,hypermax hirev string kit.custom Bi injectors 375cc,h-11 studs,fuel pump 100psi,100gph custom tuning by BTS.I know i,m at that braking piont,but I have 95 motor on stand ready to get buildet.so what you think?slow and no go?theres more but is late,like 1:30 or 2:00 so please pm me later PS whos got the record in the 7.3?do you know what he runs in his truck.find out,later.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, I dont think your slow with no go, or not that we dont belive ya. Its just 600hp is ALOT of power to get out of a 7.3 on #2 only and everyone wants to see how you did it, probably gonna have to post dyno sheets or track times before anyone truly believes ya

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
from cps to hp

well if you do the math 1cc add 2hp what do you come out with?our truck club in hawaii,we will have a dyno day.but one run is $150 and so I,m trying to find one thats cheaper?and so then I,ll post dyno run.so for now I can dream that I have that 12incher cant I ?but I,m sure,its not to far off?Right now we are doing some testing on tips sizes and the Hpop I have.we got the flow to run them ,but can we run them out?I,m sure we will find that sweet spot.I,m working with some good guys that know there sh..!!!and are there and way over 600hp on 2 diesel .But its fun learning more each day and sh.. made alot of good frends and alot of thinking out of the box.but for now i.ll keep kranking on it and run my shop in hawaii.but i,m going to tell you 1000hp powerstroke will be more and more.we are at that cutting edge.and if a man say he has a 12incher beleave him cause he might prove it.and that would hurt.ooch!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts