Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i go into the local dealer to schedule my cps recall work, and they ask when do i want it done. i was joking when i said how about today....keep in mind its friday at noon. and they said sure pull it in i said when now?? they said yep. wow! im averaging 3 more miles to the gallon now so go get it done!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had mine done a few weeks ago.Took them 6 hours or so.The service manager called to inform me that i had an oil leak.Really?Where?Your intake boots are leaking oil.I thought about it for a minute.Do you mean the intercooler boots?Yes,but ford calls them the intake boots.I then explained to him why the oil was there,and the modification i had performed to correct the problem.He quickly dropped the subject.LOL.They were only going to charge me $200 to replace them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
3 MPG better? are you serious?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went from 13 to 16

·
Registered
555 Posts
are you sure its not the warmer temps outside or somethin???

·
Registered
636 Posts
i was about to say the same thing. its been getting warmer up here and my mpg is getting better and my recall is not done yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not to sound like a complete idiot, but what is the CPS recall?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was never notified about the recall, but I had heard of it so I went in along with my son and asked why? The dealer told me they are doing it a little at a time so the dealers don't get swamped. I had replaced mine earlier and they asked for receipt (which I didn't have) to reimburse me for the cost.
I told them I didn't want it installed but that I wanted it for my glove box they had us sign an invoice stating that we received it gave it to us and we went on our way.:thumb:
We didn't get 2-3 mpg increase though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here i was talking up the dealership........now i have to crank it over for ten seconds before it will start when the truck sits for a day. but if i shut the truck off and wait a minute when its warm it starts right up.....any input????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts