Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a truck with a cowl induction hood? I know lmc truck sells one but i wanted to know if it really looks as good as the one picture.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a Cervini's cowl hood. It's fiberglass with a 3" rise. The LMC hood is steel with a 2" rise.

Here's the underside. It's finished as good as the top.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, beautiful truck. That looks good, but the one in lmc looks like its the same ford body lines but the entire hood is raised 2" in the back

·
Registered
358 Posts
WOW, TJI that is a sweet looking truck. Where did ya get that hood?
It's a Cervini's hood. Only place to get it is from them.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
i see u have hood struts installed? is that hood rated for that? if so that's impressive

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have what appear to be the same hood strut kit, but I mounted the top brackets differently. It is for a 93-2011 Ranger. But VERY easily adaptable on the Cervini glass hood. I have them on 3 of my trucks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have what appear to be the same hood strut kit, but I mounted the top brackets differently. It is for a 93-2011 Ranger. But VERY easily adaptable on the Cervini glass hood. I have them on 3 of my trucks
How did you mount the top bracket Brad.

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
well a guy could stuff his 6637 in a factory intake without a lid almost? my afe came with a shroud on it so the kit would blow right in there, but having ram air on a turbo diesel kinda like tits on a bore, it wont suck no more then it can spin

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a ram air hood om my 460 truck. I bought the "ram air kit" to feed the air box. But when i went forced induction, it is kinda a moot point. SO I sold the kit

The ram air on the lightnings(what the ram air was designed for) only give 5hp OVER 40mph. I really cant see any benefit on a turboed truck

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
i have $75 in a single side sunvisor, i can understand spending a little dough to look kool

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Sun visors look cool? I thought they blocked the sun?
dual sunvisor with vanity lamps in it, very cool, and im so tall that i cant flip it down to block the sun and still see anything

that ram air hood looks like a cowl hood underneath, i wanna go with the LMC on that is steal still so i dont have to loose my factory hood hinges/springs so they just keep holding it up

·
Registered
598 Posts
where do y'all get those hood strut kits? im looking to redo my trucks pain, and need a new hood (has a bullet hole it the current one). i love the cowl hood look. and which hood do you guys have? the ranger hood or the bronco hood?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.