Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a fiberglass cowl hood for my truck. maybe a 3 inch one. but i can only find em for the 05-07 f350s. any ideas where to look that i could find one?

thanks chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
^^^^ thats what i was going to say, but it appears as though they are no longer manufacturing them. ( according to a product search on their site.) I'd give them a call and see if they have any left, or could direct you to a dealer that has one in stock

their cowl was 2.5", part #1188

they also had a ram air version, part #1189

**edit** if you look it up under 2008-> Ford-> Super Duty-> f250 (or f350) it doesn't show up, but if you search 2008-> Ford-> Super Duty-> Super Duty it does

·
Registered
921 Posts
i wouldnt run one

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
i wouldn't get the cowl hood. i just dont think they look that great. but i've seen a few with the ram air and it looks sick! thats what i would go with.

·
Banned
287 Posts
Im actually going to be ordering the cowl version next year, I hope they're still producing at that time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually ordered mine monday and got it on wednesday $649 shipped to my door. trucks going in body shop the 16th to get it painted and installed. ill post up pics after that

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good choice...

i actually ordered mine monday and got it on wednesday $649 shipped to my door. trucks going in body shop the 16th to get it painted and installed. ill post up pics after that

Good Choice - I don't think you'll be disappointed! I liked the Ram Air one better for looks but was afraid of sucking in Beach Sand. I'm on the beach on a regular basis, so it was a concern. The cowl hood's finish was excellent, the fit was excellent and I loved that they finish the inside too. Post some pics when yours' is done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts