Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other afternoon I came out to start the truck and it took maybe 10 to 15 sec to turn over. The check engine and battery light come on and off everyday but I haven't pulled codes yet. It wasn't cranking slowly but it took longer than usual to turn over. From the given info, can anyone come up with a hypothesis of some sort?

Also, I just recieved my registration paperwork and it say's I need a smog. I bought the truck used from a Dodge dealership with an aftermarket exhaust with no cat and an AFE intake on it. If the smog tech has an issue with this can I take it to the dealership I bought it from and have them pay for the cat?

·
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke
398 Posts
The other afternoon I came out to start the truck and it took maybe 10 to 15 sec to turn over. The check engine and battery light come on and off everyday but I haven't pulled codes yet. It wasn't cranking slowly but it took longer than usual to turn over. From the given info, can anyone come up with a hypothesis of some sort?

Also, I just recieved my registration paperwork and it say's I need a smog. I bought the truck used from a Dodge dealership with an aftermarket exhaust with no cat and an AFE intake on it. If the smog tech has an issue with this can I take it to the dealership I bought it from and have them pay for the cat?
Sounds like you need to load test the batteries and then I would move on to the FICM. If you can pull codes that would be extremely helpful. Whats the history of the truck? Mods, miles, did you run a OASIS yet? Also do you have anything to monitor your engine vitals (gauges). If not I would look into something ASAP. PGreenSVT has a few good things on here for you to look into as a 6.0 owner maybe he'll chime in later, if not ill edit and post up links.

As far as the smog test goes I have no idea. I'm lucky enough to be here in Oklahoma where they dont test yet. :wink[3]: Good luck with it maybe a few of the more knowledgeable 6.0 gurus will look into this for ya.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
I think that the Dodge dealer would be on the hook for it, but don't wait to approach them. Do it now. You should have a VERY limited, short term warranty. Probably something like 30 days or 1,000 miles or something along that line.
I believe that should the truck fail emissions testing, it would be up to them to repair whatever was the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys,

I have owned the truck for a couple years now so a warranty from the Dodge dealership is out of the question. I had the FICM rebuilt buy Left Coast Diesel in the early months of this year. I replaced the alternator and both batteries as well. I just need to find time and pull some codes for you guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts