Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, ok so I'm moving to Texas in the next few weeks and I need to get my windows tinted. Undecided as to whether I'll get them done before I go or not... I'm just wondering how much it roughly costs down there for all 5 windows down there.... how much did you all pay? Or what's a good place around Fort Worth to go that I should call for a quote? Its about $300-350 here for good tint. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
13,237 Posts
i have seen about $30 to $40 per window depending on whta tint you go with.. . im not in Texas, but the few states i have lived in have been around that.. your qoute seems really high..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I payed $100 several years ago for all 5 windows in my CC and my Drivers side is showing its age with alot of nicks and scratches so I'm pulling it off and going to tint it myself,it's not hard to do.Just matching the rest of the tint that's hard.

·
Registered
856 Posts
200 is prob what most will qoute you around here. DFW. I had mine re-done right before it started getting HOT. Had to go darker. :thumb:

·
Registered
690 Posts
its 175 in tn for a 4 door car so maybe little higher for the truck since its bigger, i wish someone would do a seminare on tinting be cause you can buy quality tint so cheap its unreal lol even pre cut for your windows. seems to be hard to mess that up but im sure i could lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well dang, I will definitely wait then! I was going to do about 20% all around... do you think that will be good enough to keep out most of the heat? I'm not used to that kinda heat so I don't know what is a good percentage to have.

·
Registered
736 Posts
70 for the two side doors and brow on windshield. thats the quote i got today.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've helped guys do their own before and it didn't look that great... ended up having bubbles and marks from that little tool that you use. And they got more bubbles as the heat hit them. So definitely don't want to do it myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Cousin just had his crew cab done in waco tx for a $150.
look up shades custom tint in waco.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Its $165 here in Tomball, and 20 a window if I have to pull the old tint off.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I had my ex done for $135 plus tax in florida. (Over factory, front windows, and brow.) 20 minutes Up the street from that place they quoted quoted me $225 I can't wait to get the 450 down there and have them do that. btw, 80% all around. (Or 20%? It's dark)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts