Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has had their F250 reupholstered and painted and what the cost was?

2001-F250-7.3-Crew Cab

·
Registered
602 Posts
Way too many variables to give you an answer. Body condition? Original paint? Rust? Basic enamel respray or clearcoat/basecoat color?

Interiors can be reskinned if foam is good for about $1.5k.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Paint is an unknown as Ross stated; too many variables and too many levels of what kind of paint job you want. Maaco can squirt paint on it for prolly <$500 but I don't know if they even tape off the glass for that price. The interior depends on leather or cloth, foam condition, seat frame and support condition, extent of work to be done, etc.. If you're going to do it, consider going as nice as you can as this will probably be a once in the life of the truck kind of thing. If you have cloth, now would be a good time to consider upgrading to leather. Yeah, it's a bit more but, IMO, well worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went all out on my 2001 F250 crew cab 4x4 with a top notch paint job for 5K. That was stripping it down and doing it right. The upholstery front and back, headliner the works was 2K. Looks like new and I'm never selling it so I wanted it done right. Those are so cal prices and some think I'm crazy but nothing better than a clean old school truck taken care of IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,723 Posts
For a CCLB to strip the paint down, take parts off with very little taping, on a two tone it'll cost about 5K. For bucket seats and rear bench in OEM lariat leather not knock offs with new foam it costed me 1.6K.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For a CCLB to strip the paint down, take parts off with very little taping, on a two tone it'll cost about 5K. For bucket seats and rear bench in OEM lariat leather not knock offs with new foam it costed me 1.6K.
Did you find the oem seat covers for a lariat with armrest ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
was wondering if anyone has had their F250 reupholstered and painted and what the cost was?

2001-F250-7.3-Crew Cab
Got a price to upgrade quadcab with good leather and headliner for $1800

Instead of paint, take it to a shop and see if wetsanding/polishing is a option.. I took my truck in and they suggested to repair several dents and blemishes, paint the top and wheel/wetsand for $1500.. much better then 5k to repaint..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Katzkin makes custom fit leather for your truck, my 4dr F350 cost $1395.00, and that was the front and back seats done in the OUTLAW SERIES. VERY NICE! just go on their website and find a dealer near you.

·
Home & Community
54 Posts
I went all out on my 2001 F250 crew cab 4x4 with a top notch paint job for 5K. That was stripping it down and doing it right. The upholstery front and back, headliner the works was 2K. Looks like new and I'm never selling it so I wanted it done right. Those are so cal prices and some think I'm crazy but nothing better than a clean old school truck taken care of IMHO.

I'm also in So Cal...can you say where the paint and interior was done?

TIA

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
The only auto I’ve done paint and interior was my ’57 Chevy. Tuck ‘n roll upholstery was done across the border in Mexico and a quality metallic paint job by a talented local. Including the vehicle purchase price of $250, I was all in for a tad over $1,500. Prices may vary, check your area and current year.

That thing looked so good that someone stole it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm also in So Cal...can you say where the paint and interior was done?

TIA
The paint was at Mission Viejo Auto Collision. Todd the owner is great and they do first class work. 949.951.7503

My upholstery guy did a good job but I think you could find better. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am considering painting my 2003 extended cab. It makes me sick as it’s starting typical rust under the doors, drivers side rear wheel well, and top of the cab. Not sure what to do living in salt infested Ohio. Thoughts?

·
california deplorable
10,233 Posts
I am considering painting my 2003 extended cab. It makes me sick as it’s starting typical rust under the doors, drivers side rear wheel well, and top of the cab. Not sure what to do living in salt infested Ohio. Thoughts?
buy an f 150 beater for winter :thumb:

i got seat leather for my 04 lariat for 850 from leather seats .com took it to my upholstery guy and he said its better than the stuff directly from ford...only thing i did not do was get lariat stitched into the seat back again for an extra 100 bucks i just didnt care...
found a headliner on craigslist for 80 bucks in perfect shape carpet from ebay for 150 trucks like new even had that new truck smell for the first three years or so :D

note carpet was excellent however...
do your self a favor and get pre cut :doh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
buy an f 150 beater for winter :thumb:

i got seat leather for my 04 lariat for 850 from leather seats .com took it to my upholstery guy and he said its better than the stuff directly from ford...only thing i did not do was get lariat stitched into the seat back again for an extra 100 bucks i just didnt care...
found a headliner on craigslist for 80 bucks in perfect shape carpet from ebay for 150 trucks like new even had that new truck smell for the first three years or so :D

note carpet was excellent however...
do your self a favor and get pre cut :doh:
I have a little 150 for getting around, just want to fix the body on the 250 before it gets too far gone...going to check out some body work guys.

·
california deplorable
10,233 Posts
I have a little 150 for getting around, just want to fix the body on the 250 before it gets too far gone...going to check out some body work guys.
yea if you can find a good body and paint guy in your area
that is worth gold :nod:
if doing it your self new parts are kinda the cleanest and certainly easiest
but if you have a knack ... rusted beds are pretty easy to fix up if it isnt too far along. same with fenders for that matter :thumb:
and having a sacrificial 150 will make all the difference for your superdookie in the long run :hail:
if you need upholstery leatherseats .com makes a super duty set for our truks and the quality is first rate.
not too hard to do your self either if your foam is in decent shape.
i have heard good things about the katskins but the leather from leather seats is just thicker and nicer at least compared to the 3 sets of katskins i have seen.
anyways thats all the advice i got thats worth a damn...possibly more :look:

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,723 Posts
Do you have a drop in bed liner? Did you check the bed rails or the bed floor to make sure its worth saving? They sell the bed sides individually. The old ones get cut out and new ones get welded in but its only worth it if nothing else is wrong with the bed.

For the doors they sell the bottom panel which again gets cut out and welded in.

The roof is a weird one, never seen a Super Duty get rust on the roof. That is typically on the OBS trucks. If its not bad it can be sandblasted and primed. Other wise on the OBS trucks they cut the roof all around from the pillars and weld in a new roof from a donor truck.

I had my bed line x'd not just on the top but the whole underside so I never have to deal with it again. My frame I sand blasted, primed and used marine grade paint. When the weather gets nicer I want to line x the inside of my doors/rockers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@john galt thanks for the info. I’ve never done any body work myself but seems like there’s many who claim they can “make it look good” I’m going to do some more research and see what I can find. Don’t want to cheap out and have more problems down the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Horizon122 I have a spray in bed liner that the original owner put it. The bed is in decent shape but the cross member are getting a little rusty underneath. I like the idea of line X on the underside of the whole truck? How has yours held up? As for the rust on top of the cab it’s weird- there is one spot by a cab light and a baseball size in the center of the roof, the paint flake is flake up and then it’s rusting in the indentations on both sides...

·
california deplorable
10,233 Posts
line x is awesome...but
DO YOUR PREP WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have seen a lot of guys seal in a tiny bit of rust they didnt see and then their whole bed rots out. same with even a tiny bit of moisture make sure its all clean dry sanded primed etc is my advice ... again finding a GOOD body and paint guy ad hitting them up for info is priceless.
cause those guys will know a damn site more than i on the matter
and now back to the search for braided brake lines
if anybody knows a good place to order from let me know :D
also yes my participation has been a tad thin....
got a lot on my pate right now but i will settle back in eventually

1 - 20 of 24 Posts