Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, on my 01 7.3 i have multiple coolers in the grill. starting from engine side to bumper side i have:

coolant radiator
silver thing which i'm assuming is the AC condenser
-big black thing?
then tranny cooler in front near the bumper.

what are the two cooling devices between the engine coolant radiator and the tranny cooler?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
i think from front to back it goes inercooler raidiator then tranny then powersteering. i'd have to go look for sure. i can if you really want to know so let me know.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks...please by no means go out of your way to check but, if/when you know for sure, please share.

thing is, i dented the big black one in the front (looking thru the grill) while installing a plow frame. the bottom front tube running thru the fins seem to have a split.

I ran the truck up to temp, ran the AC, etc and nothing is seeping/leaking. The bottom tube on the row that's damaged is terminated at one end (from the factory)....i'm hoping that particular tube is; should i say 'just for looks'
LOL

wondering what the full height black one in front is..

if anyone knows, please enlighten me

thx!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
evening :bump:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Going from memory, I think that's the A/C condensor. I'd have to go outside and look at mine to be sure tho.

·
Super Moderator
19,448 Posts
Mine is (From Engine toward bumper)

Water Radiator
Intercooler
Trans-cooler
AC condensor

PS cooler in the bottom behind the bumper

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ac condenser is what i'm thinking. i don't have the truck at my residence so, i apologize for not being able to easily trace the feed lines.

whatever it is, i put a frikkin crack in one of the tubes ....but, the AC seems to work fine. :dunno:...unless there's some solenoid valve that hasn't yet opened to let all my refrigerant out the hole.

it seems as though the tube i damaged is the 'end of the line' in the circulation run....the end of it terminates and does not loop back into the cooler. i may just terminate that tube at the beginning of it's run with a gloop of JB weld.
:dunno:
the fact that it's not leaking has me wondering.....

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
does the a/c run cold like normal?
If it does then i would leave well enough alone.
A pic would be cool.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
the 6.0 seems to be the same way. the black one on my truck is the ac condenser

post up a picture to show what you are talking about

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll try to get a pic.....thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts