Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a lot regarding the coolant in the diesel and I need to get some test strips to check condition. My question is that at 85,000 miles I had a cap off repair to the truck (HPFP) as well as new upper and lower radiator hoses. When these repairs were performed, wouldn't that mean the coolant was changed?

·
Registered
517 Posts
^^ Yup :( Worst idea ever but they do it.

Find the bottom drain plug and flush the system, replace with CAT ELC or Shell ELC, make sure got the venturi T upgrade at the same time as well.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
almost any decent shop will test your coolant for free.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's just cheap. What is a Venturi T upgrade?

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is the Venturi T;

If you don't have it, get it. One of Ford's resolutions to radiator issues.

EDIT *** Also looks like from that picture that it is connected to the top port on the overflow/degas bottle, it is NOT. The top port is just capped off, nothing now connects to the top port once this upgrade is done.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this a recall thing or do I just ask for the upgrade?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is this a recall thing or do I just ask for the upgrade?

Thanks
I believe it was a recall issue from when the rads were leaking.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I believe it was a recall as well, mine was done right before I purchased my vehicle so I don't have first hand experience on it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I believe it was a recall as well, mine was done right before I purchased my vehicle so I don't have first hand experience on it.
I had the leaking rad issue shortly after I bought the truck and when I took it in to get it fixed they did the venturi tee.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looked and mine looks exactly as AllGo'n'Show, so I guess mine has the update. Dumb question is I cannot locate the drain plug.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Driver side of radiator, bottom corner. I think my stock radiator was an allen key but my replacement VistaPro was just a hand turn knob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts