Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some coolant as I’ll have to drain some to do my delete soon. I love Ford but why does this always have to be complicated. It’s really not necessary. I’ll likely go to dealer and see what they hand me but they have been wrong before. Most reading says orange but motorcraft chart says switching to yellow as of 7/9/18. Wtf. Advice?

Chart link
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/Main/quickref/coolantsEN.pdf

·
Super Moderator
9,221 Posts
Door sticker will drive your build date. If you are close to the 7/19/18 mark. What's printed in your owner's manual?? Does that "color" match what's in the bottle now?

In the end since you aren't dumping it all out, it's best to match what's inside.
O = Orange-colored engine coolant approved to Ford specification WSS-M97B44-D or WSS-M97B44-D2 (Motorcraft® Orange Antifreeze/Coolant)
DY = Yellow-colored engine coolant approved to Ford specification WSS-M97B57-A1 or WSS-M97B57-A2 (Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant)

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my build date is 08/18 and looking in reservoir the coolant is green lol. Wtf

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google says motocraft “yellow” coolant is actually green in color so I guess that’s my answer

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts