Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
With a 195* oe stat, anywhere around that is normal.. working it hard, it shouldn't break 215* ever.. the fan doesn't even engage till around 205, at what point it will nose dive to around 195* again.. you'll be wanting to see 195*, though, as that means there is full circulation.. lower, you're stat is either stuck, or your temp reading is not good, or you're in a cold environment that allows the stat to barely crack open and sip really cool coolant and keep it under that stats rating, which should be wide open at 195*..

Some stats have vents tapped into them, in either the blades design, or more commonly, have holes through the blade itself.. those are good for clearing and keeping air out of the system, but can also cause slightly less temperature than the stats rating.. I'm betting those of you running lower have ported stats, and those that hover around or just above 195* have solid ones.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
muntu, I've only read about when that fan engages... if you've experienced it, you've got me trumped... I had read where the temp is 205ish, but if you've actually engaged, then you will know mucho better than me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.