·
Registered
1,194 Posts
187-192 is what I consider normal
that's once the truck is up to temp and u have a healthy t stat

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
With a 195* oe stat, anywhere around that is normal.. working it hard, it shouldn't break 215* ever.. the fan doesn't even engage till around 205, at what point it will nose dive to around 195* again.. you'll be wanting to see 195*, though, as that means there is full circulation.. lower, you're stat is either stuck, or your temp reading is not good, or you're in a cold environment that allows the stat to barely crack open and sip really cool coolant and keep it under that stats rating, which should be wide open at 195*..

Some stats have vents tapped into them, in either the blades design, or more commonly, have holes through the blade itself.. those are good for clearing and keeping air out of the system, but can also cause slightly less temperature than the stats rating.. I'm betting those of you running lower have ported stats, and those that hover around or just above 195* have solid ones.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Watch your EOTs too....when I am towing heavy in mountains, those bad boys can rise in a hurry. Of course, I am betting my oil cooler is a little plugged since I have never rand a coolant filter.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Depends on the load and season.

Summer 195-200*
Winter 190-195*

Summer towing heavy 197-205*
Winter haven't towed anything really heavy to make a big change in temps.

My EOTs normally stay 6-10* of the ECT.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have the same temps as capt dong. When its really cold say -30 or colder I only get 188

·
Registered
306 Posts
I disagree with drewactual on numbers......the fan comes on at 225 or beyond. flatland cruising with or without a load 199-205. hot summer days in mountains and a load will scare you...235 on coolant and eot 235. that's acceptable......talking Arizona....i see these numbers all the time....gets worse on a regen climbing....that fan can sure scream !

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
muntu, I've only read about when that fan engages... if you've experienced it, you've got me trumped... I had read where the temp is 205ish, but if you've actually engaged, then you will know mucho better than me.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I believe the fan engages at 220 ect.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Depends on the load and season.

Summer 195-200*
Winter 190-195*

Summer towing heavy 197-205*
Winter haven't towed anything really heavy to make a big change in temps.

My EOTs normally stay 6-10* of the ECT.
Mine is exactly the same. Always watching the temp as when I am heavy on the throttle 75 - 85mph I reach around 199-201.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.