Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my water pump and when removing the pump the sensor was damaged. I went to autozone and bought a duralast sensor that they carried. Nothing happend, the line didnt even rise above the C. I checked for voltage coming to the sensor and it read 11.4v. I took the sensor backt o autozone and went to oriellys. I bought the BWD sensor they carried number BWD WT3058. Installed it and went for a drive and nothing at all. I read on another forum that someone tried a different sensor from oriellys since they seem to carry a few for the truck. I am about to just go to ford and pick one up from them but they are always closed when I have time. Is there anything anyone could possibly think of as to why my sensor is not reading. I did use teflon tape on the sensor but im not sure if that would matter. its a 2001 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4. Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Bad wiring harness?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to test the wiring harness before I go replacing it. On the harness connector I stuck my meter into it with it grounded to the battery and read 11.4 volts. but this also doesnt mean it is sending back to the guage either. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You may still have the wrong sensor. use a ohm meter and check across the sensor terminals. I think you should get less then 3 ohms. The wrong sensor will read around 38 ohms.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The dealership did not give you the right part. There are two temp sensors in your truck. one for the pcm and the other for the dummy gauge. The part numer you need is SW-5130. Its a temp. sender and runs about 13 dollars.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Two? Where are they both at?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
p/n #F65Z-10884-AA...Not that theres 2, but they try and use the one for oil temp as well.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Glad to hear even after 7 years it has helped out. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts