Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I have a 2006 F-250 CC Lariat with 102,xxx on the bone stock 6.0. I have noticed during my weekly inspections a small smell of coolant coming from the front of the engine. I have had no loss of coolant and just had the coolant flushed in July. No leaks, no dry crusty coolant anywhere I can find. No smoke at startup. Get the usual chuff of light black smoke when I run WOT or am towing my 10k fifth wheel. Fuel economy is what it always has been. Cleaned the EGR valve in March and replace the orings and gasket under the EGR valve. Heater and AC are working fine. No smell of coolant in the cab. I have the Ford ESP Diesel Care package for a warranty. But my warranty ends in March of 2013. Any ideas to look for? Or should I just take the truck in to the Ford dealership? No residue around degas bottle and recently replaced the cap on the degas bottle. The coolant has been flushed 3 times over the 102k miles on this vehicle. Any ideas or suggestions are appriecated. Or if anybody is in the area and wants to take a look at it let me know. Thanks-Shane

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump bump bump!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
mine does too. it has always had it. however i recently noticed one of the fittings on my sinister diesel coolant filter kit does have a slight drip/leak. the smell doesnt even bother me anymore im just like oh well.... its normal.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
As long as you have the diesel care package let ford deal with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts