Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
fitting?

I snagged one of the mercedes ones in Clay's link a few months ago and it was a little over $50 with shipping. Sorry they caught on to the deal.

My problem and why its still sitting on my shop bench not in use is that I have 1/2" coolant lines to the veg system and wanted to install this next to my tank in the bed. This particular pump is 5/8" male inlet/outlet. Does anyone know of a 1/2" to 5/8" rubber fitting that will simplify install. 1/2" male to 5/8" female? Maybe a rubber fitting made to fit either 1/2" or 5/8" depending on how far its slid on? Confusing part to ask for.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got one on my E350 Van 7.3. The last one I had didn't have one. It took about 20min or so in the winter to heat up. Now with the mercedes pump the system takes about 5 min. to get heated up to switch. Defiantly worth the money. Switch faster use less diesel = less $$ at the pump

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I snagged one of the mercedes ones in Clay's link a few months ago and it was a little over $50 with shipping. Sorry they caught on to the deal.

My problem and why its still sitting on my shop bench not in use is that I have 1/2" coolant lines to the veg system and wanted to install this next to my tank in the bed. This particular pump is 5/8" male inlet/outlet. Does anyone know of a 1/2" to 5/8" rubber fitting that will simplify install. 1/2" male to 5/8" female? Maybe a rubber fitting made to fit either 1/2" or 5/8" depending on how far its slid on? Confusing part to ask for.

Thanks
Yo Rig, you can getcha one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-Plastic-Hose-Barb-REDUCER/dp/B0016ZBVHO

·
Registered
187 Posts
Clay, do you have the old pictures still?? I can't see them anymore. I'm trying to plan out my system, and they would help. There aren't a lot of pictures online of 6.0 conversions.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Clay, do you have the old pictures still?? I can't see them anymore. I'm trying to plan out my system, and they would help. There aren't a lot of pictures online of 6.0 conversions.
where is Charlottesville?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
41 - 47 of 47 Posts