Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was just wondering what coolant everyone is running and what is the best. Until now, I have just been using the regular stuff and mixing the SCA's from Ford in myself, but I was wondering if any of the pre-mixed stuff is any good? Thanks

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I did a full flush and fill a year ago. Put in Texaco ELC from the IH dealer (AKA cat coolant.) No worry about SCA's or silicate drop-out. It says it's good for 8 years, but I'll still replace it every 2 years or so.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for the input. I looked around today but could not find any place that sold the Texaco ELC in my area. If I had more time I would keep looking, but I have a leak that I need to fix on the pipe that goes into the bottom of the water pump and only a small window of time to fix it. Maybe next time I flush the radiator I can give it a try. Anyway, I bought some of the Fleet Charge coolant at NAPA that comes pre-charged with SCA's, so hopefully it is decent stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the Caterpillar stuff in my truck, too. Any Cat dealer has it, or if there is a big rig operaiton in your community they can usually get it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What is the difference in coolant?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts