Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...have a question i hope you can help with. I was doing my first oil change today (4k miles) and i noticed that my coolant resovoir had some streaks of coolant that had dried to the side of it...

i thought no big deal...until i noticed that a good portion of the wiring on that side was coated in dried coolant and i found traces of dry coolant all the way back my framerail to about where the bed starts...

the level of the coolant is down about an inch from the cold fill line in the resovoir. I know for a fact that it was not overful from the dealer...i also know that i am a guage freak and i have never been in an overheat condition with the truck...so...that being said...does anyone have some ideas of what could have happened? has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I could be your overflow cap, and as the coolant ran down the side of the tank, the wind from driving blew it all the was back there. It doesn't take a lot of coolant to leave a visible mark. I would have the cap pressurized.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your radiator may be bad. Drive the truck until its warm and then look at the drivers side of the radiator at the bottom corner. Or it could be a cracked coolant reservoir. I had both on my truck coolant all over the frame under the hood. Ford put a new radiator and coolant reservoir on it, she's good to go.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Mine did the very same thing. It was just a matter of pushing the two small hoses futher into the tank spouts. The factory clamps don't work unless everything else is perfectly aligned.

·
Registered
333 Posts
NOT TO HI JACK THIS THREAD BUT I DISCOVERED THE SAME PROBLEM I THINK GUYS,, IS THE COOLANT A CLEAR SLIMY LIQUID?I FOUND IT IN THE FRONT DRIVER CORNER I FOUND IT DRIPPING FROM,,

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine was the head gaskets.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Stunya...... I had the exact same thing when I opened my hood at 1000 miles. It turned out the cap on the reservoir wasn't completely tightened when I got the truck. I gave it a turn to tighten it up and it's been fine from that point on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought I was in the 6.0 forum... doh!! whew!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.