Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice a strange coolant leak today and need some help tracking it down.

got home last night and truck had been running fine. Truck sat overnight (around 12 hours) go up this morning and helped load the kids in my wife’s car and there was no leak under the truck. For whatever reason I just check that every morning. Came back in and got ready for work. Went to leave about 45 minutes later and notice a baseball size wet spot but I just figured it was condensation from the cold or something.

took my gas saver car to work and came back for lunch and notice the puddle of coolant in the picture. On the back side of the block on the passenger side. I have done some looking around and have notice some coolant where the j pipe connects to the top of the oil cooler. And also notice some coming down from somewhere on the passenger side back of the block I can see the heater block plug in and there seems to be coolant about that coming from somewhere too. Any idea where this could be coming from or what to check?
Water resources Road surface Asphalt Wood Grass

Green Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Tire

Wheel Green Automotive tire Tire Gas

· Registered
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The leak seemed to slow down/stop as the day went on. I drove the truck back to work after lunch and it didn’t leak. Truck drives normal. Could there be some hose or o ring somewhere over there that shrunk from the cold weather?

· Registered
197 Posts
Well the jtube usually will leak right down that side by starter and that side of block. I dunno what kind of jtube that is, ive only seen metal ones with like 2 inch hose on it, that looks like rubber hose all the way. Im sure that is the source of the leak on either end. You could try tightening that clamp some, but it could be the other end to. But if there is any coolant up there its most likely that jtube.

· Registered
197 Posts
Mine actually started leaking at that clamp, hose was torn under the clamp. Looking at that picture that hose clamp doesnt look real tight, you could try giving it a little snug up.

· Premium Member
9,628 Posts
Hose clamps often leak in colder weather -- the hose shrinks (kinda like some other stuff) when the weather gets cold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts