Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so with a long standing battle with my 06' Powerstroke, my truck somehow keeps eating coolant.

A couple of weeks ago it went into the shop and the EGR valve was replaced. I mentioned to the service rep at the dealer that I had been adding coolant to the truck (about two gallons total) over three months. They did a pressure test on the truck and everything was good.

Well the truck is still loosing coolant somewhere. I noticed a bunch of caked grime and leaked coolant on the boot connecting the turbo downtube to the intercooler. Would this be the source of significant leak? You would think if I had an issue with the EGR cooler they would notice when the changed the valve a week or so ago.

Thanks for any and all feedback

·
Banned
837 Posts
Sounds like you have a coolant leak. Now find it. You said yourself that there is signs of it on that boot. Things normally fall down so start looking around that area for coolant hoses and seeing if there is any tell-tale signs of a leak.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You can dye it and find it fast at night with a UV light. If there is no glow, then it is internal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts